Chapelle Ste Thérèse de Lisieux - Piène Basse

Chapel Sainte Thérèse de Lisieux

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, 20th C in Breil-sur-Roya

  • The construction of this chapel was decided and financed by the bishop of Ventimiglia in 1935.
    It was inaugurated on October 3, 1937 by the bishop and dedicated to St Teresa of Lisieux.
    Today, it is abandoned.

  • Responding to the wishes of Italian police, customs and railway officials housed in the Fangaretto district, Don Viale, parish priest of Piène, arranged a temporary chapel. Monsignor Rousset, bishop of Ventimiglia, had the chapel built at his expense and the dedication to Saint Teresa of Lisieux, canonized a short time before. In September 1947, French customs and border police officials replaced Italians. Worship is provided by the parish priest of Libre appointed by the bishop of Nice. The...
    Responding to the wishes of Italian police, customs and railway officials housed in the Fangaretto district, Don Viale, parish priest of Piène, arranged a temporary chapel. Monsignor Rousset, bishop of Ventimiglia, had the chapel built at his expense and the dedication to Saint Teresa of Lisieux, canonized a short time before. In September 1947, French customs and border police officials replaced Italians. Worship is provided by the parish priest of Libre appointed by the bishop of Nice. The population of the hamlet declined after the Schenguen agreements and the chapel was abandoned.
  • Spoken languages

Our suggestions