Monte Grosso Fort
in local history
It’s the cornerstone of the area’s fortified zone and the biggest structure on the south-east border. It was built between 1931 and 1935. It overlooks the Sospel road, Tende road, Col de Brouis and Col du Pérus from an altitude of 1000m. It had a defensive position between Authion and Agaisen. The mixed material structure is currently under renovation and played an active role in the June 1940 offensive.