Moulinet

St. Anthony's Chapel

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Chapel, 12th C in Moulinet
  • The disused chapel offers an exhibition devoted to the ethnography of the population of Moulin until the 1970s.

  • The Confraternity of Mercy had its seat in the chapel
    dedicated to Saint Anthony the hermit, which stood in the main street,
    now rue de la République. Second brotherhood of penitents
    created in Moulinet, it built a chapel there at the end of the 17th
    century, a chapel
    a rather monumental chapel. This is topped by a baroque bell tower
    topped by a raised dome covered with polychrome tiles.
    Its restoration in the mid-1990s preserved its interior decoration and
    and turned it into an...
    The Confraternity of Mercy had its seat in the chapel
    dedicated to Saint Anthony the hermit, which stood in the main street,
    now rue de la République. Second brotherhood of penitents
    created in Moulinet, it built a chapel there at the end of the 17th
    century, a chapel
    a rather monumental chapel. This is topped by a baroque bell tower
    topped by a raised dome covered with polychrome tiles.
    Its restoration in the mid-1990s preserved its interior decoration and
    and turned it into an exhibition hall. On display are
    important furniture and processional material relating to the local
    penitents. On the high altar, a rustic painting depicts
    Saint Anthony the hermit and Saint John the Baptist. In fact, following a
    tradition, the Beheading of St John the Baptist is a customary cult of the
    of the Black Penitents in the county of Nice. In 1809, the
    Pénitents noirs had 60 members in Moulinet.
    The Rue de la République was the main artery of the village.
  • Environment
    • Village centre
  • Spoken languages
    • French
Openings
Openings
  • All year 2024
    Open Everyday
    * Open on reservation at the town hall of Moulinet 15 days in advance.
Close